|Babies & Toddlers Information|
Favorite Cake Flavors for Baby and Bridal Showers
A cake is an excellent treat at any party, especially baby showers and bridal showers. Asides from making a great centerpiece for your snack table, cakes are a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy. Here are some of the most popular flavors for cakes:
1) Cheesecake - Cheesecake has always been a top cake flavor for exquisite occasions. Like other cakes, they can also be decorated with custom lettering specific for your special occasion.
2) Funnel Cake - Funnel cake is another great party cake. It is not so big, so it does not usually serve as a centerpiece. Nevertheless, it is not difficult to make and can be a nice treat for your guests.
3) Chocolate Cake - Chocolate has always been a popular flavor, particularly among women, so it is no surprise that chocolate cake is one of our top ten shower cakes.
4) Ice Cream Cake - Ice cream cakes are a delicious treat, combining two party favorites - ice cream and cake. These cakes are also decorated to suit your occasion. Although such cakes are challenging to make at home, they can be purchased from your local bakery.
5) Pound Cake - Another common cake that often makes its way into baby and bridal shower celebrations is the pound cake. These cakes are often sliced into less filling segments than other cakes and are a nice complement to other snacks.
6) Carrot Cake - Carrot cake is another cake that is commonly available at celebrations and usually contains sweet decorative icing.
7) Red Velvet Cake - This layered cake is a popular southern cake and contains both vanilla and cocoa.
8) Strawberry Cake - Strawberry cake is another favorite, especially at parties where there are kids. Fresh strawberry toppings can make these cakes even more tempting.
9) Pineapple Upside-down Cake - Another sweet treat is the pineapple upside-down cake. Although this cake is rarely the centerpiece, it is often a popular choice on the snack table.
10) Dirt Cake - Dirt cakes look like dirt, but taste like cake. These cakes have many creative possibilities. As an example, for a baby shower, the dirt cake can be placed in a flower pot shaped container and then baby feet lollipops can be planted in the dirt to make an eye-catching decoration.
There are other cakes, like banana cake, and many more. Cakes are a fine food idea for any party and will be greatly appreciated by your guests.
About the Author - Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For more related articles, go to Baby Shower Cakes and Baby Shower Food. Note: If you find this article useful, you may reprint it on your website, e-zine, or in your newsletter as long as the credits above remain in tact and the hyperlinks stay active.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Brainy Babies: Is it Genes, Diet, or Playing the Right Baby Games that Tip the Scales?
As parents we all want the very best for our children, so how do we give them a headstart right from conception and in those first important months of life?It is the combination of a good diet as well as your interaction and encouragement with some simple baby gamesthat can give your child the best start in terms of brain development.Pregnant women are made very aware of the need for extra folic acid in the early stages of pregnancy but what about fats which make up a large proportion of the brain, in particular essential fatty acids?It is commonly known that breast-fed babies have a slightly higher IQ, so the phrase 'breast is best' still applies for many health reasons.
My RAD Child
When I say RAD you may think of a child that is far beyond the normal. Well, mine is in a way.
Potty Training Readiness Signals - Is Your Child Ready To Be Potty Trained?
So, you are thinking about potty training your toddler and you want to make sure that your child is ready.If this is the case, then you are reading the right article!!Listed below are the potty training readiness signals that will help you determine if your child is ready for potty training.
The Character Traits of a Scorpio Baby
Your Scorpio Baby..
Baby Yoga and Me
Having carried a sizable bump around for a very long, very hot summer, I really wasn't in the mood for a work out.As Gwyneth Paltrow and all of my other coat-hanger thin celebrity peers snaked their way, all skin and bone about the tabloids, I scowled and knew that, even if the mood did ever take me as I sat covered in powered milk, I would just never have the time to get back in shape now that I always had my baby in toe.
It's finally time. My child is old enough to be drinking from a cup; a sippy, if not an open-mouthed one.
10 Items of the Well-Stocked Diaper Bag
Does your diaper bag have everything you need in it? Of course, you have the basic items: diapers, wipes, bottles, etc. But are you equipped for any "baby situation" that could possibly arise? It may seem like a lot of gear, but if you bring along the following baby paraphernalia when you head out, you'll be ready for just about anything.
Baby Shower Planning and Hosting
Planning and organization are crucial to hosting a successful baby shower. Below are some important topics to consider when planning:1) Who will host the shower?The person that plans and hosts the shower can be anyone, but is usually someone who is close to the new or expecting mother.
Your Newborn Baby's First Few Days at Home - What You Should Expect
The first few days home from the hospital are important for both baby and parents. As parents you will have gone through intense birth process that is unlike anything else you have ever experienced.
Baby Clothes for Your Baby Shower Gift
Baby clothes are one of the most popular types of gifts for new and expectant parents at a baby shower. Shopping for baby apparel and baby stuff is something a lot of people especially new parents enjoy.
On the Road Again
Just like Willy Nelson, I could not wait to get on the road again.After five years of marriage my husband and I had traveled to France, Florida, Missouri, Georgia, and the Caribbean.
Baby Crib Advice and Tips
Congratulations! You have just learned that you are having a baby. Whether this is your first or not you need to look at cribs.
Backpacking With Children: My Own Adventures
When I had my firstborn I thought I new everything there was to know about raising children. I had read all the books, interviewed all my friends, come from a family full of 'wise' people? you get my meaning.
The Personality Traits Of A Taurus Baby
Your Taurus Baby..
How to Protect Your Baby from SIDS
What do These Things Have in Common: An Epidemic of Baby Deaths in 1890, An Ambassador's Sudden Illness, Swamp Gas, and Old Mattresses?The Answer Could Save Your Baby's Life!All of these are clues which have brought scientists to the startling answer to the question, "Why do babies die of SIDS?"For unknown reasons, parents of healthy babies wake only to find to their horror, their babies have died in the night. This was called Crib Death in the U.
Top 100 Baby Names and Helpful Tips To Consider When Naming Your Baby
Are you an expectant parent anxiously waiting for that little package of joy? Yet, you and your spouse are still looking for that perfect name? Well..
Baby Shower Invitation Cards
Baby Shower Invitation Cards are a time saver for the hostess. It is also a good idea to have more invitations than you need.
How to Have the Perfect Baby Boy Invitations
Baby boy invitations are the first thing you'll need to share the good news of the new arrival with all your friends. It's time to celebrate and baby showers are the perfect way to express love and thoughtfulness to the mother and baby to be.
Your Baby Nursery - Decorating a Fabulous and Functional Room
Decorating a baby nursery can be one of the most enjoyable tasks that you have before your bundle of joy arrives. There are many baby nursery themes to choose from and narrowing it down to just one may be your most difficult decision.
What Foods Should I Avoid While Breastfeeding?
Women in our culture are sometimes advised to avoid spicy or "gassy" foods when nursing. Or they are told that chocolate, citrus, carbonated beverages or dairy causes problems in all nursing babies.
|home | site map|